Fiber reinforcement for enduring-performance concrete
FORTA’s synthetic fiber reinforcement aims to reduce project costs by shortening the construction time while also extending the life of your concrete application.
Enduracon represents FORTA Corporation. Fibers in concrete reduce settlement, shrinkage, cracking and explosive spalling in fire situations. Fibers in concrete improve impact, increase toughness, and increase fatigue life (endurance limit). FORTA® provides many fiber products for concrete.
Enduracon prefers the product FORTA-FERRO®, which is a polyolefin chopped strand that meets ASTM D7508. FORTA-FERRO® is a combination of mostly macro fiber and some micro fiber.
Have a project and want to convert the steel to FORTA FERRO® ? Fill out this conversion form
Compare reinforcements, materials and PCS fibers
1. Reinforcements: Bars and fibers
• Bars and fibers are discussed, evaluated and categorized by their diameters.
• Fibers reduce the probability of cracking more than reinforcing bar.
• Both hold broken pieces of concrete together after the concrete cracks, but fibers hold smaller pieces and reinforcing bar holds larger pieces.
2. Materials: Steel and polyolefin chopped strand (PCS)
Corrosion: Considerable corrosion with steel and none with polyolefin.
Strength: They both proportion to whatever strength is required.
Density: Steel is about eight times denser than the same amount of polyolefin.
3. PCS fibers: other brands compared to FORTA-FERRO®
FORTA-FERRO® is easier to use, easier to mix, and easier to finish than other PCS.
Recent Minnesota FORTA FERRO® projects
Slabs on Ground
FedEx Distribution Center, Mankato, MN
Old Dominion Freight Distribution Center, Fargo, N.D.
Clow Stamping Foundry, Merrifield, MN
Cirrus Aircraft Floor, Duluth, MN
Concrete on Metal Decks
Amazon Fulfillment Facility, Shakopee, MN
United Healthcare, Eden Prairie, MN
MnRoad Test Sections, Albertville, MN
Precast Concrete Septic Tanks
Weiser Concrete Products, Stewartville, MN
Sather Concrete Products, Brainerd, MN